If you remember, Landon about gagged the first time we put a spoon with food in his mouth. And even for a couple of days after that he was not sure about this new texture. Now he can't get enough and is definitely the biggest eater of the three. He opens his mouth wide for the spoon and gets mad if you don't get it to his mouth soon enough. For those of you wondering how we feed three - we line them all up in their booster chairs then just go right down the line using the same jar of food and the same spoon for everyone. Now I know that there are those of you who are sitting and cringing at the thought of the germs that are spread, but hey - they chew on all the same toys and lay on the same blankets so we figure the germs have already been passed around!
So now back to Landon, you can see why he gets a little upset b/c he has to wait for his brother and sister to each get their bite before it comes back around to him. This is the beginning of them learning how to share and be patient - you can never start too young, right!?
Owen has even joined in on the fun - he enjoys helping to feed the babies and they just adore him so it's win-win situation. Except that sometimes he gets grossed out if a tiny bit of the food ends up on his finger. He's still not into trying new foods and sticks to his menu of hotdogs, chicken nuggets, pizza, yogurt, cheese, bananas and applesauce. I'm hoping that the babies will be better rounded and will rub off on him when they start eating table food. We can only hope.
Another big event for the Graham family this month was the triplets dedication at our church. We had Owen dedicated when we first started attending Stones Crossing Church, he was about 15months old at the time. Doing this basically just means that we as parents our committing ourselves to raising our children the way God wants them to be raised. And by doing it publicly in front of the church we are asking the congregration for their support and guidance in this endeavor. I believe we found the best church family when we found Stones Crossing Church (www.stonescrossing.com). They have been such a blessing and light in our lives. So it only seemed fitting that we include them in the upbrining of our children. Thank you to everyone who has touched our lives - you know who you are - we love you and thank God for you everyday!
The babies are all doing great - they are growing and are generally happy most of the time. Which is a great thing b/c I don't know what we'd do if we had three grumpy babies most of the time! When they are grumpy or unsettled all we have to do is put on a Baby Einstein movie and they instantly go quiet. They are mesmerized by the moving toys set to music. Julie Clark (inventor and creator of Baby Einstein) is a genius! And who would have ever thought that putting some toys on video with classical music would be that interesting?! Why can't I have any idea like that? Oh yeah, b/c I have triplets and most of my brain cells are being used just for survival. My husband questions whether those are working most of the time, right Honey!?
Kyle and Landon are still the only ones with teeth - nothing even close to breaking through on Piper that we can see. But Kyle and Landon are both getting their top two middle teeth. Piper is not going to stand much of a chance if they get into a biting war anytime soon!
I promised a video clip yesterday so here it is... someday Owen is going to hate me for this, but that's what parents are supposed to do right? Embarrass your children - that's part of the fun! Seriously... Owen I am very proud of you. You are growing up to be such a wonderful little boy. You always think of others around you and I'm so happy that you love being the great BIG BROTHER that you are! This is a video of Owen singing along to his current favorite song "Never let go" by Matt Redman. They sang this song at VBS this past summer with motions to go along with the lyrics and ever since then he has been serenading us whenever he can. It's wonderful!
Here's the song by Matt Redman set to some cool pics on YouTube if you want to hear the original version - I personally like Owen's version better! www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIAdgLR1ZGw
Here are some pics of the recent happenings at the Graham house:
Daddy is so good at making us laugh - especially Piper!
Believe it or not, I've still got more to tell you - so I'm going to try again tomorrow with another post. Again, don't hold your breath (especially since it's Halloween) but I'm going to try my best! Then this weekend I'll be sure to post again with pictures of Owen as Ironman and the triplets as Three Peas in a Pod!
1 comment:
I love that photo Piper falling out of her chair. Classic!
Sorry we missed their dedication. We've been working in the 2/3's room at church at 8:45 so we weren't in services this month.
Emma loves that same song from VBS too! Isn't it so cute when they sing?
Have a great Halloween,
Kara
Post a Comment