Okay - so we had our first run with real baby food tonight. Sweet Potatoes were on the menu. Kyle and Piper thought they were okay, they at least moved them to the back of their mouth and managed to swallow most of what was on the spoon. Landon on the other hand....well, we're going to try again tomorrow.
Those of you who know Owen and his eating habits know that he is a very finicky eater and has always had an extremely sensitive gag reflex. This evening when Landon took a bite of the sweet potatoes, it was Owen all over again. The bite on the spoon went in the mouth, then immediately came back out along with part of the bottle that we had just given him. (Sorry if this is upsetting some of you with weak stomachs!) We're hoping that this was just the first experience with a new texture and a new taste. Only time will tell.
Our doctors visit went very well yesterday. Daddy managed to have a golf outing scheduled on this all important day (seems very convenient, doesn't it?) So, Miss Kristi was able to get away from work for a few hours to accompany us to the office for the 6month checkup. Here are the particulars:
Kyle weighs 16 1/4lbs and is 26 inches long
Landon weighs 18lbs and is 27 inches long
Piper weighs 14 3/4lbs and is 25 1/2 inches long
The drama of triplets getting shots is never something you look forward to. But all in all, the event went well (I must apologize though to Miss Kristi - I think she is scarred for life!) At the 6month checkup all three babies needed 3 shots each. I'm pretty sure that the nurses at the office get together and discuss who is going to do what when they know we are coming. It always seems to be a tag-team event when we are there for the triplets checkups and I must say it makes the visit go very smoothly.
So we managed to get the shots, get everyone dressed, checked out and in the van. I went back inside (Kristi was with the babies and Owen) to discuss our next appointment with the receptionist and a nurse in the back asked if we were getting the flu shot for the triplets. Yes, I had meant to discuss this with the doc before we left. How I forgot I don't know! Anyway, long story short - had to get everyone back out of the van and back into the office for yet another stick. A total of 4 shots per baby in one day. OUCH! I have to say they have handled it very well. I've given them Tylenol to keep the pain and fever at bay. And we'll have to wait to see what tomorrow (Friday) holds since the last time they got shots it was two days later when they were feeling the worst.
Everyone knows that our families do not live near us. Nate's parents live in Kentucky, and mine are in Illinois and Missouri. So it is always a very special treat when we have an extended visit from any one of the grandparents. Last week, Mamaw Wendy (Nate's mom) was able to come and stay for 4 days. It was great having her here and Owen loves getting to spend time with her. Thanks for being here, Mamaw Wendy! We miss you!
Okay, I think I've reached my limit of sitting at the computer desk - there are a mountain of other things demanding my immediate attention. There's never a shortage of tasks to keep me busy!
Until next time...
Mindy
2 comments:
Mindy,
It's been a while since I've checked in and I have missed quite a lot! You all look as if you are doing great! I'm so glad to see how big and happy those babies are! Love, Steph
I can't believe how much they have changed in a year! Owen looks like he loves being the big brother. The triplets are as cute as can be! What a great family! KP
Post a Comment