Friday, September 26, 2008

6 months old!

First of all - thanks to everyone who voted in our Halloween poll! Three Peas in a Pod won the poll so we'll be decking everyone out in green for the first Halloween! Thanks again!



It's hard to believe that six months ago Nate and I were still in the hospital with our day old triplet babies in the NICU. How time flies!

This week we actually took a trip back to the hospital so that the nurses in the NICU could see how the triplets have grown. In the picture below, Kathy is holding Landon and Ebony is holding Kyle. They were two of the nurses that took care of our special crew while they were in the NICU. It was great to see them and share with them how Kyle, Landon and Piper are thriving in large part to the great start that these wonderful women gave them. Thanks ladies for all that you do! We love you!


I can't believe I'm doing this to myself... but I thought it would be fun to compare what I looked like 6months ago (two days before the babies were born) and now (with all Kyle, Landon and Piper in my lap as opposed to being in my belly). WOW! What six months can do!



It's been a great six months and we are just beginning to get to all the fun stuff that being a parent of multiples has to offer. First of all - everyone is teething. It's not been so bad. We've stayed well stocked on Baby Tylenol and Baby Anbesol. And we've had to use a few more diapers than usual (I had forgotten how much teething has an effect on the digestive system!) But we are surviving. Kyle and Landon both have two lower middle teeth, but Piper is still all gums. She is very close to breaking that first one through we think.

Piper is also getting very close to crawling we think, too. Of course I say that and then it will be January before I add a post to say she is officially crawling! She has figured out how to get on her hands and knees and then rocks back and forth. We can actually put something in front of her and she will inch her way up to it until she is right on top of it by getting on all fours, then falling forward. She will continue this process until she reaches what she wants. It's pretty funny!

Our night stretches are getting longer, too. We now give them their last bottle and put them in bed by around 9pm and they wake up around 5am and are ready for a bottle. But even after that early morning bottle they still want to go back to sleep until around 8 or 9am. It's been great - Nate and I still switch off every other morning being the early riser.

We've tried a couple of times to do cereal feedings - you can see in the pictures below that they were not big fans. They still have the tongue thrust, too, which means that they just push the cereal back out before it gets to the back of their throat. We'll keep working on it and I'm guessing that when we go for our 6month check up this week that our pediatrician will give us the go ahead for jar food. Then the fun really begins - Daddy is not excited about this new step b/c he does not like messes. Just wait 'til they are big enough to throw food at each other, Daddy! :)

Owen is still doing very well. He's been quite spoiled here lately since Grandpa and Grandma McArthy were here to visit b/c Daddy had a business trip in So. California. Grandpa and Grandma came to help us take care of Kyle, Landon and Piper and we are so glad that they did! I could not have made it without them! Thanks so much! Anyway, Owen very much enjoyed the extra attention that he got from Grandpa. Grandpa likes to spend time outside tinkering on things and that means Owen got to pretty much spend the whole week outside riding his bike! He was on cloud nine!

I'll try to get a post up after we have the babies 6month checkup on Wednesday with new weights and lengths.


Have a great weekend!

The Graham Crackers

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun hectic time in your household! We are getting ready to start the whole baby thing over again, but with just 1 baby!! 6 weeks to go for us. Isn't it amazing how you think they'll never get here, then bam they are 6 months old!! WOW!!! I can't even imagine how it is at your house. Thanks for the updates.
The Gregorys

Anonymous said...

Hi Mindy, as always, great update! We really need to work to get a Baker/Graham get-together on the calendar. Give me a call or email when you have a free moment.

I can't believe Piper is on all fours and rocking. Wait until they all take off!

Love, Kara Baker

Anonymous said...

They are all so beautiful and happy. What a special family you have. Can't wait to see them again!!!

Suellen