Sunday, June 1, 2008

Finally an update!



Hey everyone! Long time, huh?! Well let me tell you - life at the Graham household is very different! Our priorities have definitely shifted and unfortunately adding new posts to the blog is not at the top of the list! :) But look - I've added a new dimension to our blog... videos!

So here's an update and then maybe I'll try to do better in the future...

We are all doing great! It's been fabulous and we couldn't be happier. For starters I have the best husband in the world and I have to say that we make a great team. He is so supportive of my being home all day long by myself and is quick to jump in as soon as he gets home. And I think we do a good job of trading off night shift feedings so that each of us gets a good, long stretch of sleep. That makes all the difference in the world on any day!

Owen is doing good for an almost 5yr old who is out of school for the summer and who's been invaded by three little beings who cry for mommy and daddy's attention all the time. I say to almost anyone who asks that I can handle taking care of the babies all day long by myself, they are actually the easy ones. The hardest thing is that Owen wants to be doing something with someone all the time. He doesn't know how to entertain himself very well yet - but we are working on it. We do have some fun things planned for him this summer. He's going to be playing T-ball starting this week (I'll upload pictures soon) and I've registered him for two VBS at different churches. He'll have fun this summer, but it's just not going to be like it has been in the past where he and I can just take off and go anywhere we want at anytime. Outings definitely have to be planned.



Now to the babies .... like I said before they are all doing great! Everyday I am reminded how blessed we are to have three healthy, thriving babies. They are truly amazing.

They are now two months old (I can hardly believe it)! When they went to the doctor for their 8 week checkup Kyle weighed 9lbs 12oz, Landon weighed 11lbs and Piper weighed 9lbs 4oz. They were all 22 1/2 inches long. As you can tell, Landon is our big boy (Nate jokingly calls him "porkchop")! But they are all good eaters for the most part. Landon and Piper are both getting a little cereal in their bottles b/c of a slight case of reflux but it has improved a lot in the past few weeks. Kyle eats the most at each feeding but I think it's because he doesn't have cereal in the bottle.

Landon used to be the one who had the worst temper - he would scream bloody murder so loud that we feared the neighbors would hear. But then Kyle came in to his own and can now out scream Landon at any time. Piper's poor little scream is pitiful - when the boys are howling you can't even tell she's in the room!


All three of them are pretty content babies. The evening hours between 7pm and 10 or 11pm have proven to be the most difficult, but nothing that Nate and I can't handle. They are all just a little more fussy during this time. But then after we feed them around midnight they all go to sleep and sleep straight through until their next feeding at 4 or 4:30am. After that feeding they go back to sleep without much trouble and sleep until 8 or 8:30am when they are ready to eat again. We have been very blessed in that respect as well - they seem to have all found that night cycle sleep that we so desperately need for survival! Let's hope it lasts!

Their daily routine is still pretty much dominated by sleep - they don't have a whole lot of awake time yet and it's rarely together at the same time. But this is to be expected since they are technically only almost a month old by their due date (May 4).

Landon, Kyle and Piper have all smiled at mommy and daddy already but they still make us work pretty hard for them. The first time we saw them smile was last week sometime and it was wonderful! I can't wait for them to be more willing to share those smiles with us! Owen is very anxiously awaiting for the time when they smile and laugh at him as well. He's always looking for an audience!

Well, I think I've about reached my maximum time of sitting at the computer desk. My attention is about to be needed elsewhere (ie - babies are starting to cry)! Please enjoy the pictures below and I'll try to post again sometime next week.

Love to all!

Mindy


Piper
Kyle
All ready to go!

Piper & Landon

Landon

Mommy & Piper

Our "limousine" stroller

The first of many piggyback rides!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy! Yipee! I've been checking often to see if there's been an update! We are so very excited for you guys and the new beautiful additions. Congrats on having a successful start! God definitely knew you all could handle it! Keep up the good work and we look forward to meeting them someday! Liam wants to meet his new little buddies! I'll have to send you my blog address sometime.

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I'm just dying to see you all in person but am so glad to hear that you all are well! The pictures are adorable and London is glad to see the bows getting such good use! We'll call you soon! Love, Steph

Anonymous said...

Mindy, Nate, And all-Good to see your update. So glad everyone are doing great. Don't know yet when we will get to see you guys. Hope before long. We are going to Tenn. Friday to get MOM from Freeda's. Take care and we love you. Ky aunt

Anonymous said...

Mindy, I'm so proud of you!! Being a mother of multiples is so special, and you are doing one terrific job (you too Nate!)!! I hope I can come visit again soon...and I'll keep bringing food if that's what gets me in the door!! Haha Love ya!

Kierstie Phillippo said...

Kierstie Phillippo here from Pulte land!! Ok seriously I am so excited that I have found this site(tim pooch :) sent me). You two are doing amazingly well and I was so excited to see the babies are so beautiful and healthy!! I miss personally hearing the stories but am glad to have this blog!! Mindy keep it up it is so nice to hear the updates. AND...if you don't already have a photographer please call me as I would love to take the kids pictures anytime! My birthday present to the triplets! Check out my blog and seriously call or email...I guess I could make the trip to the southside!! :) Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Greetings from KY. Grandma Wendy keeps us up on how the babies and Owen are doing. He is such a GREAT BIG BROTHER! She calls my mother at Taylor Manor an honorary great-grandmother and it thrills her to death.
Good luck with all your treasures!
Becky Crockett