Landon Davis Graham
6lbs 1oz, 18 inches
4:47 AM
5 lbs 2oz, 18 3/4 inches
4:48 AM
Kyle is breathing room air completely on his own (a big accomplishment for being a preemie triplet only a few days old!)
Landon is still getting a little help from a nasal cannula, which is just assisting him with a little extra pressure into his lungs.
Piper is still on 2.5 mil of Vapo-therm, which gives her a very small amount of oxygen with each breath.
The goal is to have all three babies completely breathing room air on their own in the next day or two.
The other major accomplishment is that they all had their first feeding yesterday (by way of feeding tube) and all did very well.
The doctors and nurses in the NICU keep raving about how wonderful they are doing and nobody can believe how big they actually were at birth. They keep wanting to praise my efforts and everything that I did to bring them to 34 weeks and 4 days. Although I appreciate the compliments I always try to turn it around to thanking God and all of you, our precious friends and family, for keeping us lifted up throughout this amazing journey! We couldn't have done any of it without all of your support and prayers. THANK YOU!!!
As far as when the babies will get to come home, that will be up in the air for awhile. We will have to monitor their progress for the next few weeks to see how they do with feedings, breathing and keeping their body temperature regulated.
As for me, I am feeling okay today. The first few days were great - a bit deceiving thanks to all the pain meds they had me on. But today things have really started to hit me. It is not unbearable, but I can definitely tell that I have given birth to THREE big babies this week! :) I will survive, and it makes me feel better to know that our three new wonderful children are doing so well.
And Owen... well since it is still RSV season he is not allowed in the NICU to see his new brothers and sister and this has been very hard for him to accept. He keeps asking when he will get to see them, and anytime Nate comes home he asks daddy if he brought mommy and the babies home. We keep telling him it won't be very long before he gets to see them and we hope that babies will be home soon!
I am expecting to go home this weekend sometime and will add another post at that time to update everyone. Until then, please know that we love all of you and appreciate your care and concern but it is a very busy and exhausting time for all of us. We ask that you call before you visit and speak with one of us as to whether it is a good time for a visit.
Kyle
Landon
Piper
Thanks again for all of your prayers and support! We'll be in touch soon!
The Graham Family
12 comments:
They are the most beautiful babies I've ever seen! I'm crying sitting here at my computer! Mindy please take some of that credit. The Lord knows how hard it was for you to stay on that couch! Especially if Owen or Nate needed you! God, Prayers and Mommy have made those babies what they are today!! And prayers will continue for all of you and the team of awesome Doctors and Nurses that are caring for them! I can't wait to start rocking them when you need me!
Love,
Tracey
Owen,
Tracey is so proud of you for being such a "cool" big brother. I know its hard waiting but, Mommy and babies will be home real soon!
I Love you Too!
I just can't wait for Kyle to use "I'M THE OLDEST!!!" by a whopping two minutes!
Graham Family,
I have been waiting for an update and I thank you for sharing your birth with us.You have three beautiful babies and I'm so happy to hear you're doing well. You gave birth to 16 pounds of baby! You're a rockstar!!
All of our love and prayers,
Kara Baker
They are beautiful and we are so happy that everyone is doing great. Haleigh was excited to tell her friends at school she had three new cousins. We look forward to seeing them -- although you will have to be careful because Haleigh still wants that baby brother...ha! Take care!
Love, Missy, Mike, Haleigh & Carleigh
Hooray for new life! We rejoice in the amazing things God has done in you and through you and now will do through these babies. He has an unbelievable plan for each of your lives. Our prayers continue to be with you all.
Love, A-Z Lowe
Graham Family,
I am so happy that everything turned out wonderful for you all. The babies are beautiful and you are all so blessed. I cannot wait to see how they grow! I wish you the best in getting them ready to come home and join their big brother!
Best Always,
Lauren Kaelin
WOW!!! What a miracle!! Thank you for taking the time out of your busy routine to update us. Keep them coming as you have time. I'm so glad all is well. We will continue to keep you and these wonderful babies in our prayers!
David & Amanda Gregory
Hey Nate and Mindy
I am so glad that the babies are here and doing so well. I hope that we get to see you all soon b/c i cant wait see those sweet little faces! We love you and miss you all here in Nicholasville!
Nicki and the Hale family
Congratulations! They are beautiful!! We're so glad to hear that everyone is doing amazingly well! Get your rest while you can, Mindy. You rock, 16 pounds of baby is amazing! We're thinking about you and continue to pray for you.
The Heastons
CONGRATS!!!! That is awesome. The Lord is good. I couldn't be happier for you guys. It is truly amazing. I hope you are able to keep us updated! Get some rest though, as much as you can anyway.
David and Amanda Gregory
OMG! they are beautiful! I am so touched by the beauty of it all! You are most humble by giving the credit to God but you can at least take credit for doing what you could to help bring the babies into the world! and Nate and Owen get a big round of applause for being there in the trenches with you every day. I just had my grand baby for a week. he's a year old and I'm still overwhelmed by the fierce love I had for him from the day I found out my daughter-in-law was pregnant. I know the grandparents are over the moon right now! Please let everyone help as much as possible. remember the love you get now will help all of you remain healthy and happy for life. You are still as always in my thoughts and prayers. Nate I must admit I was out of the office for a few days-with the grandbaby-and so when I read the e-mail this morning I let out a yelp! Robyn Crawford was passing by so I shared the news and pics with her. God bless you all
Steph 'YaYa' Sims
I am so very excited for all of you! What a special, special blessing from God.
Post a Comment