Tuesday, August 5, 2008

4 months old


We're 4 months old!

Kyle, Piper and Landon

I've got loads of laundry to do, dishes to wash and dinner to get ready.... but I couldn't wait any longer to get this new post out to everyone! That stuff can all wait until later, but the Graham Crackers happenings are changing every minute so I'd better get it out there before it becomes old news!

The babies are now four months old and everyone is doing great! They had their four month check up last week (complete with 3 shots each!) The doctor was very pleased with their progress. Kyle was 25 inches long and weighed 13 1/2 lbs, Landon was 25 1/2 inches long and weighed 14 1/2 lbs and Piper was 24 1/2 long and weighed 12 lbs. As you can see Landon is still the big boy of the bunch and Piper is still the petite princess!

Piper and Landon - the babies love sitting in their exersaucers!

All three of them are very social and love it whenever anyone takes time to talk to them or smile at them. They have also discovered their voices and will hold a very exciting conversation with you - it is very fun! I can't wait until they are big enough to sit and face each other to be able to "talk" to one another - it will never be quiet at the Graham house again! As you will hear in the video below, Piper is the loudest so far (as it should be since she's the girl!) and Kyle makes some great facial expressions while he's talking.



Owen is doing very good, too. He has finished up his T-ball season and went to spend a week with Mamaw Wendy in Kentucky last week. He had so much fun! They went to Chuck E. Cheese, to visit family, swimming and back-to-school shopping. Needless to say now that he's back at home he wants to know what we have planned everyday and complains that his house is boring! Only a few more weeks until Pre-K starts - it can't come soon enough!


Owen with his prize trophy!

Since Owen was in Kentucky last week, we took the opportunity to make our first road trip with the babies to go to Kentucky and pick him up. We were not sure what to expect of the weekend. We weren't sure about how the babies would travel, how they would sleep in their pack-n-plays or how they would do with visiting so many people in one day on Saturday. When you have just one baby it's not so bad when they have meltdown and there are two parents to combat the tantrum. But when there are three babies and only two parents.... well that's a different story! Well I'm happy to report that the weekend was absolutely wonderful! The trip down was great - nobody made a peep. They all slept very well and were on their best behavior on Saturday as we visited with family/friends at 4 different locations. We were on the move all day long and they seemed to be happy to be along for the ride! We are so thankful for how the weekend went and it gives us much hope for future travels.

The view from the front of the van - Owen zones out with his movie player for the whole trip.

Piper with Great Mamaw Midge (Nate's grandmother). She turned 80 years old in July and we surprised her with our visit!

At the first of July we had their first professional pictures taken. We went to JcPenneys Portrait studio and the pictures turned out better than I could have ever imagined, especially when you are talking about three 3 month olds at the same time! We did have to go two different times to get the pictures we wanted. The first time we went started out well, but quickly fell apart when they all decided they were done smiling and being cute. So we went back two days later to complete the session. Below are a few of the pictures that were taken.
Landon, Piper and Kyle
Kyle
Landon


Piper

And here is the link to the rest of the session photos. If you are interested you can purchase photos directly from the site until October 8th.

To get started, click below and enter your Customer Name (MINDY GRAHAM):https://www.smilesbywire.com/home.asp?AC=LTPP0194117044JCP

Also at the first of July we had an appointment at the developmental clinic at St. Francis. This is something that they ask all premature babies discharged from NICU to participate in so that they can monitor the babies development as they get older. Premature babies are especially at risk for developmental delays. Kyle, Landon and Piper went when they were 2 months adjusted age (3 months and 2 weeks from their date birth) and they all tested at the 2-4 month range - right on target with where they need to be! We were thrilled and again thankful with the blessing of having healthy and happy three month olds!

Most everyone wants to know if they are sleeping through the night yet. And the answer is no, but we aren't complaining. They are still on a very regular schedule and they only wake up to eat at 1am and 5am. I usually do the 1am and Nate does the 5am then gets ready for work. It's usually Kyle that wakes up first then we end up waking Landon and Piper up. We still want to keep them on the same schedule and so we don't let the others sleep when one wakes up. It makes things much easier!

Landon

Kyle

Daddy and Piper

The laundry and dishes have waited long enough (and I could use a few winks of sleep) so I'll sign off for now! Thanks for keeping up with the changes and happenings of the Graham Crackers.

Love and Blessings to all of you!
Nate, Mindy, Owen, Kyle, Landon and Piper

(I better get a stamp before Christmas comes around or I'll get a writer's cramp every time I sign a Christmas card!)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The pictures are absolutely adorable. What great smiles all three have. I don't know how you could choose which pictures to get because they were all so cute.

So glad to hear that everyone (including Mom, Dad, and Owen) are doing so well...happpy and healthy!!

We love you all and are so glad to be a part of all of your lives!!

Suellen

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys!! I need to schedule a visit to see the beautiful little ones. You are so blessed, Nate and Mindy!

Love,
Heidi O.

Anonymous said...

Mindy, I hope I didn't put too much pressure on you on Monday when I commented about the blog! But it was an exciting update. And as always, the babies are beautiful. I sure had fun talking to them on Monday!

Kara Baker

Anonymous said...

Your babies are such cutie pies! I showed mom your post, and she got a kick out of it. We both think it's great. We are glad to hear you all are doing well. Take Care!

Krysten Robinson

Cherie from the Queen of Free said...

Sheesh, you're such a better mom than me. I haven't even got Zoe's pics taken lately.