Hey everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Here at the Graham household it was very laid back and casual - we never even got out of our pajamas! Mom and her husband Rich were here to help celebrate - it was great!
But of course Owen had the best time of all. On Christmas Eve we went to the Children's Museum and he got to see some of the Dino exhibits and go down the Yule slide that extends from the 2nd floor down to the first.
He also helped me bake cookies for Santa that night and checked Santa's progress on Santa Tracker with Mama Brenda on the computer.
I'm not sure that he slept at all when he finally did go to bed - he was too excited about Santa coming to bring his presents. Speaking of - I think Santa my have been a little extra nice to
him this year since it is the last year that he will be the only Graham child! He got so many cool new toys - a remote control jeep, walkie talkies and a T-Rex that moves and growls just to name a few. He loves playing with everything! He even got a new sled so he keeps asking when it's going to snow again so he can use it. Oh to be a kid again!
Nate and I didn't get much for Christmas this year, but then again we don't really need anything either. We've got the best presents coming our way in the next few months!
We are currently 21 1/2 weeks along. We went to the doctor yesterday and got to visit the babies again via ultrasound. (I think I'll be having quite a few of those for the remainder of the pregnancy). It was so neat to see them moving and how they are arranged inside my growing belly.
Baby Boy A is still on the bottom of the pile, but he has moved over to the left a bit. I'm sure this is in an effort to gain a little more space! It can't feel good to be smooshed on bottom all the time! Baby Boy B is on the upper left and during the ultrasound yesterday was head-butting his brother! Baby Girl C is on the upper right - I feel this may be the beginning of her "princess" behavior! She's already kicked the boys out of her territory!
The ultrasound tech says that this is where they will predominately stay throughout the remainder of the pregnancy. They will move a little as time goes on but not too far. Also, during the ultrasound yesterday we found it pretty amazing that all three of them had turned so that each of them were touching heads in the center of my belly. I guess even though it's cramped quarters in there, they still want to be near one another! It was beautiful!
We didn't have the ultrasound just to see the babies (although it's my favorite part!), we also had to check to see how my cervix is doing. This is what the doctor has been worried about b/c it's what keeps the babies in place. Well, to date my cervix is perfect - 4.4 in length with no funneling. The ultrasound tech and the doctor are very pleased with how it looked. We'll continue to keep an eye on it for the remainder of the pregnancy - probably another ultrasound in two weeks to check the babies growth and also see how the cervix is doing.
So thank you again to all of you who keep us so faithfully in your prayers - I know that it's not a coincidence that my pregnancy is going so well when I have so many friends and family who keep me lifted up! Thank you again for being such a vital part of this wonderful journey!
Nate, Owen & I all want to wish you a Safe and Happy New Year! We'll see you again in 2008!
Mindy
3 comments:
Mindy!
You look great!!!!! I am glad to hear things are going well for you and the babes!!! Can't wait to see the babies!! Take care of yourself and the kiddos!!! Love, Amy
oh my goodness! how wonderful for you guys! I'm so happy for you all. Mindy, I feel like I am getting to know you through this blog. I can't wait to meet you in person. Nate,you are truly blessed! I cry everytime I read your blogs. it reaffirms my faith and belief in God. Just wanted to let you know that my grand monster took his first steps this past Saturday! He walked to me! he just loves his YaYa! :-) he's 9 1/2 months now. Just such a joy to us all. I was just imagining 3 of him!! what a rush! I'm glad you'll have a little princess. every house needs a little girl. your life will never be the same. Girls train dads really early on. it's their way or no way. :-) I'm glad Owen is getting special attention now too. Continued prayers for a healthy and happy pregancy!
love and kisses,
YaYa a.k.a. Steph Sims
Graham Family:
Thanks so much for sharing this exciting journey with us. we are praying for you and it seems like all is going well.
The Gregory Family
Columbus IN
Post a Comment